The 25.0 MWp Queen Creek Solar project achieved commercial operation in October of 2012. Queen Creek Solar, located in Queen Creek, Arizona, was developed and construction by juwi. The Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District will purchase all of the electricity and environmental attributes from the facility for 20 years pursuant to a power purchase agreement. The solar project is owned by PSEG and consists of 90,000 photovoltaic modules on an approximately 135-acre site.
- Construction began in January 2012
- Commercial operation Q4 2012
- Includes approximately 90,000 crystalline-silicon solar panels on a single-axis tracking system
- 135-acre site
- Owner is PSEG Solar
- Annual generation 54,000 MWh
- juwi will operate and maintain the project in the initial years