The 15.0 MWp Milford Solar project was completed in the 4th quarter of 2012. The project is located on 80 acres of land in Kent County, Delaware and created approximately 100 jobs during construction. The project is owned by PSEG Solar Source, a subsidiary of PSEG, a diversified energy company based in New Jersey. Milford Solar is currently the largest solar farm in the state of Delaware. Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation (DMEC) will purchase all power produced by the solar farm and receive all solar renewable energy credits.
- Construction began in 2012
- Commercial operation Q4 2012
- Includes approximately 62,000 crystalline-silicon solar panels on a fixed-tilt racking system
- 80-acre site
- Owner is PSEG Solar Source LLC
- Annual generation 21,000 MWh
- juwi will operate and maintain the project in the initial years