juwi solar Inc. developed, designed and built the 15.0 MWp Jacksonville Solar Energy Generation Facility. In May 2009, juwi solar’s subsidiary entered into a long-term power purchase agreement with JEA, one of the nation’s largest municipally-owned utilities. juwi solar’s construction group commenced construction during the fourth quarter of 2009, and commercial operation was declared in the fourth quarter of 2010. JEA is purchasing all of the energy and renewable energy credits produced by the facility for a 30-year period.
- Includes 200,000 ground-mounted, thin-film solar panels on a 91-acre plot of land
- Ownership of the project was transferred by juwi solar to PSEG Solar Source in the third quarter of 2009
- JSI’s construction group, together with Florida-based electrical and civil subcontractors, began building the project in the fourth quarter of 2009
- Energy and REC off-taker will be JEA
- juwi solar is operating, maintaining and monitoring the project on behalf of PSEG Solar Source during the initial years of the project.