juwi solar Inc. developed, designed and built the 16.1 MWp Blue Wing Solar Energy Generation Facility located in San Antonio, Texas. In July 2009, juwi solar’s subsidiary entered into a 30-year power purchase agreement with CPS Energy. juwi solar’s construction group commenced construction in March 2010 and achieved commercial operation in late 2010. Blue Wing Solar will stimulate economic development in and around the City of San Antonio and generate zero-emissions electricity.
- Construction began in March 2010
- Commercial operation occurred on November 4, 2010
- Includes 214,500 ground-mounted, thin-film solar panels on 113 acres
- In January 2010, juwi solar agreed to transfer its ownership rights in the Blue Wing Solar project to Duke Energy Generation Services (DEGS)
- Energy and REC off-taker is CPS Energy