Position: Project Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Reports To: Director, Engineering and Project Management
Start Date: Immediately
The Project Manager will be responsible for assuring that all steps of development and construction are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. The Project Manager will be charged with project-level oversight and coordination of the design of electrical, civil, structural and mechanical components of solar projects, along with the oversight of how local, state, federal, utility and land owner constraints are incorporated in the project documents. The Project Manager will provide project information for negotiation of off-take agreements, interconnection agreements, EPC agreements and subcontracts. In addition, the Project Manager will support the company’s business development efforts by supporting bid proposals.
- Oversee projects with focus on technical, commercial and economic components of the project.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project, enforcing JSI’s project standards while minimizing company exposure to development and installation risks.
- Supervise the involvement of project team members to ensure proper communication, timely and efficient execution and appropriate input from decision makers.
- Hold weekly team meetings and maintain a current list of project action items.
- Coordinate company resources with other project managers.
- Understand all permitting constraints and assures that projects receive and maintain all permits required.
- Track and report team hours and expenses and maintain accurate oversight of the project budgets.
- Assure designated project team members are managing the work performed by consultants and subcontractors.
- Problem-solve proactively.
- Review interconnection applications.
- Coordinate with JSI’s construction group to ensure that the construction is executed properly in terms of quality, schedule and budget.
- Support the preparation of request for proposals (RFP’s).
- Monitor and keep updated the overall project development schedule integrating the EPC schedule with the schedule of permits, authorizations and other contractual obligations.
- Assure that corrective actions to mitigate the effects of schedule and budget changes are implemented.
- BA/BS degree, MS or MBA preferred, five plus years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of EPC business
- Skilled in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Analytical Skills for problem solving
- Knowledge of PV systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication (verbal and writing) and coordination skills.
- Autonomous: take initiative and organize work in an independent manner.
- Team player, stress-resistant. Frequent project related travel is expected, a willingness to work flexible hours
- Desire to grow professionally
Any offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon drug screening, in accordance with Section 12-3-3, B.R.C. 1981.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. JSI prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.