Position: Construction Team Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Reports To: Director, Engineering and Project Management
Start Date: Immediately
The Construction Team Manager will be responsible for developing and leading construction personnel, establishing and continuing contractor relationships and providing management support for construction sites. The Construction Team Manager will be charged with ensuring the successful execution of all JSI construction projects from the pre-construction and contractor RFP phase through final acceptance under EPC contracts. The Construction Team Manager will lead the hiring and integration of new construction employees. The Construction Team manager will travel to active construction sites frequently for oversight and support of the permanent JSI field team.
- Supervise all JSI site construction personnel
- Determine JSI construction staffing needs for projects and lead any required hiring needs
- Assign and schedule the utilization of JSI construction, commissioning and SCADA implementation personnel in support of project schedules
- Coordinate with JSI’s safety manager and ensure safety procedures are established and followed by all personnel on site
- Ensure all construction permitting requirements are followed and managed
- Develop list of capable contractors for various work locations; maintain good working relations with contractors’ managements
- Establish competitive bidding process for construction contractors; evaluate contractors for specific projects and present analysis and recommendations to Management
- Review project designs and provide feedback to the engineering team
- Provide a cost and schedule assessment of ‘construction issues’ to project managers for projects in development (e.g. remoteness, inclement weather, peculiar site characteristics)
- Develop construction “Scope of Work” for contractors, with input from engineering and project management
- Ensure construction teams complete projects consistent with established cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Champion the resolution of site issues identified by construction personnel or others; obtain input from parties such as engineering, systems and project management
- Attend monthly site meetings with contractors’ management
- Recommend course of action to project management on issues affecting schedule, cost, quality, scope of work or warranty considerations
- Develop and implement work processes to ensure productive and safe work processes
- Collect supporting information for, evaluate and recommend action on Change Orders to project management
- Create an execution plan and develop opportunities for “self perform” work
- Provide construction input to cost savings initiatives; ensure construction related savings are achieved by engaging qualified contractors in project estimating exercises
- Based in Boulder with frequent travel to job sites and to qualify contractors
- Monitor and assure subcontractor performance, quality, and onsite conduct.
- BS degree, 10 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of EPC business
- Skilled in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Analytical Skills for problem solving
- Knowledge of PV systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication (verbal and writing) and coordination skills.
- Autonomous: take initiative and organize work in an independent manner.
- Team player, stress-resistant. Frequent project related travel is expected, a willingness to work flexible hours
- Desire to grow professionally
Any offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon drug screening, in accordance with Section 12-3-3, B.R.C. 1981.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. JSI prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.