A Global Leader in Large-Scale Solar
juwi solar Inc. (JSI), based in Boulder, Colorado, is a developer and turnkey engineering, procurement and construction (“EPC”) contractor of solar power plants throughout North America, with a focus on projects 1 megawatt or larger. The majority shareholder of JSI is juwi Holding AG, which ranks among Europe’s leading renewable energy companies. (The balance of JSI’s shareholders are U.S. individuals or companies.) juwi develops, builds and operates large-scale solar, wind and biomass energy projects. With approximately 350 employees in juwi’s solar group, the company has been involved in the development, design, construction and operation of more than 1,500 photovoltaic projects, with a current total generation capacity of 700MW.
Development & Acquisition
- JSI actively seeks out project development opportunities with utilities, investors, and commercial and industrial clients. Our development work typically includes land acquisition, project planning, interconnection analysis, permitting, environmental due diligence and community development.
Engineering, Procurement & Construction
- JSI uses its unique expertise and experience to design high-performance, large-scale solar facilities. Our top notch engineering and construction management teams work closely with suppliers to develop and provide high quality components. Through a competitive bidding process, JSI selects skilled, experienced and professional subcontractors to build the civil, mechanical and electrical components of our projects.
Strategic Supply Partnerships
- Through our parent company juwi Holding AG and our standing as an experienced EPC contractor in North America, JSI has access to large and cost-effective supply arrangements with leading module, inverter and racking suppliers around the world. JSI also has established important relationships with major vendors that provide the balance of the major parts and components to our solar projects.
Power Purchase Agreements
- JSI’s team uses its knowledge and experience in the renewable energy industry to execute power purchase agreements with creditworthy offtakers. JSI’s team have successfully negotiated 1,000s of MWs of PPAs and have a deep understanding of the legal, commercial and technical provisions necessary to allow a solar energy project to achieve commercial operation and financial close on a timely basis.
Equity & Debt Financing
- JSI has established relationships with financial institutions and equity investors that have deep experience in financing utility-scale solar projects in North America. JSI takes seriously the challenges of developing and building a financeable solar project and offers a realistic approach when exploring opportunities with potential financing parties.
Operation, Maintenance and Monitoring Services
- JSI is qualified and has the capability to provide long-term operations, maintenance and monitoring support and services for the systems. We are able to administer warranty claims and supply product services to ensure that the facilities will maintain a high level of performance.
juwi solar Inc. offers a broad scope of services and solutions to implement and complete large-scale solar projects in North America. This expertise includes turnkey solutions for solar projects: integrating and managing the process from the initial development and design through construction and operations. juwi solar Inc. is proud to provide on-time, on-budget and cost-effective solar energy generating facilities.